Sleek, horizontal designs that fits discreetly into any space. Sofa with loose lumbar cushions and a folding backrest for super-receptive seating comfort. With so many elements to choose from, you can put together your very own personalised combination to create a masterpiece for your interior. Modern design, big on comfort.
What makes the design unique, is the floating character of the base. The base is hardly visible, but integrates perfectly with the upholstered seating elements. Entirely in line with the other Shiva elements, the low back can be easily adjusted into a highly comfortable back cushion.
A fast career in French design
It was in 1967 that Juan Jorion met Jean Pierre Audebert in Paris at the salon of the famous ‘Société des Artistes Décorateurs’, an organisation which groups the crème de la crème of French designers. Audebert presented a furniture collection for young children and also a range of office chairs. A close collaboration was born which contributed to the success story of JORI.
Jean-Pierre Audebert graduated from the Ecole Boulle, where he was also a professor at the beginning of his career. As an architect, he earned his stripes with interior projects for financial institutions, public buildings and schools. He also carried out several projects for the French High-Speed Train or TGV.
- Sofa with fold-out head rest and armrest narrow (height 51 cm).
- Available in leather, fabric or microfibre.
- Choice bridge leg or chassis. Bridge leg : chrome high-gloss, chrome mat or black lacquered. Chassis black lacquered. Optional other fine textured JORI standard lacquers.
- Choice footstool : also available with castors Ø 12 cm with brake, with the exception of the footstool 48x96.
- Choice seat height : 40 cm, 41,5 cm or 43 cm. Exception footstool on castors seat height 40 cm.
- Choice : several corner- and build on elements are available freestanding (see configurator).
- Choice top footstool when leather : 48x96 in 1 or 3 surfaces. Footstool 96x96 in 3 or 7 surfaces.
- Frame : solid beech; choice tabletop : solid walnut, oak burnt, glass black, glass white.
- 2D and 3D images for visualization are available on our website.
- Seating furniture with removable covers (to be done by an industrial third party)