The R&D product developer coordinates the development process of new models and accomplishes the following tasks :
- Translating design proposals of external designers into technically elaborate, feasible concepts.
- Building prototypes using various prototype technologies (2D/3D-CAD tools, 3D-printing, virtual prototyping, comfort models, …) in order to obtain a concept approval of the marketing team.
- Project based coordination of the multidisciplinary development process, while monitoring quality, timing milestones and target cost.
- Making ready for production and ensuring product validation (Industrial Release) of a new model.
- The R&D product developer develops an average of 2 to 3 new models per year.
- As an R&D product developer, you support the full life cycle of a product.
- You report to the R&D Manager.