Intelligent design for limited spaces. The Glove sofa is versatility itself. The infinitely inclinable armrests convert this two-seater instantly into a comfortable lounger. This handy friend starts at a width of 165 cm.
The most striking aspect of the Glove is its steplessly variable arm pad which brings entirely new meaning to the words ‘seating comfort’. The mechanism is gas spring-operated: a unique and exclusive technology, developed in-house by JORI’s R&D team. The arm pad is steplessly brought up or down in an infinite variety of intermediate positions, which in turn allows for a wide range of applications, geared to suit users’ individual requirements.
Thanks to the rotatable arm pads, Glove unfolds to offer room to more people. The same slight turn of the hand allows users to tip up the armrests, transforming Glove into a snug two-seater. As such, the arm pad serves a range of different purposes: as a fully-fledged armrest, backrest (when sitting sideways), as a headrest (when lying down) or as an extra seating space (with the armrest completely tipped down).
In terms of quality finish too, the Glove oozes timeless class. The legs of the Glove JR-8900 take on an inverse U-shape and come in a high-gloss polished or black-lacquered aluminium finish. The leather is finished in a stylish saddle stitch.
An accomplished designer
As French architect, he graduated from the famed ‘Ecole d’Architecture de Normandie’. Giraud covered the full gamut of architectural pursuits with due success: from devising public and private buildings, across designing showrooms and boardrooms right up to conceiving packagings and utensils. Architecture he describes as "aiming for balance between space and matter, between form and function".
- Sofa with continuously adjustable armrests.
- Available in leather, fabric or microfibre; with fabric covering control strap always in leather.
- Choice legs : bridge leg alu high-gloss, bridge leg alu black laquered or covered armrest. Bridge leg also in other fine textured JORI standard lacquers.
- Choice seat height : 42 cm, 43,5 cm or 45 cm.
- Height arm : 62 cm.
- 2D and 3D images for visualization are available on our website.
- Seating furniture with removable covers (to be done by an industrial third party)