Freedom comes first with this bohemian sofa. Gitano is a reminder of distant journeys. Exotic and eclectic design with a whole range of combination possibilities. This new seating concept lets you create your own personalised loungescape in your living room. Gitano is limitless enjoyment.
More than ever the end-user demands that his favourite pieces, which he buys for his home, meet his exacting expectations, although these often seem to be contradictory. If we look at his buying behaviour when choosing the perfect sofa, the end-user often falls for a high-end aesthetically smooth design, whilst at the same time longing for this immaculate model to be comfortable enough to provide him with the ultimate relaxation. JORI highlighted these opposing requirements in the product briefing given to its designer Audebert: to design a high-end, contemporary sofa with a bohemian character and a cosy nesting character.
Not quite so easy, but no task too difficult for the passionate Audebert, who with great verve created the seating concept GITANO: stylishly imposing and yet delightfully inviting, thanks to its luxurious seating depth, generously sized modules and playful loose back and decorative cushions, which provide for countless lounging and seated positions. The armrests and the back sections with ‘nesting tubs’ make it a real ‘snuggle sofa’.
What renders the model GITANO really special is the contrast piping, which every module as well as the armrests have as a finishing touch. Sharp contrast or rather a discreet tone on tone, this lends the sofa a ‘quirky’ twist.
GITANO is ‘different’ in all respects. It is not just a sofa, nor a sofa programme - it is a creative concept. With a minimum of modules you can compose a wide variety of looks. There is a choice of 7 seat elements, 2 back elements, 1 armrest and a table element. By playing with these various elements, you can achieve the most surprising combinations, in which closed and open looks can alternate, and which lead to spacious and varied seating landscapes.
Stylishly imposing, seductively casual and extremely modular - these are all characteristics that give the sofa concept GITANO a very alluring appeal in a ‘lounge’ setting, whether in the residential or in the contract sector.
A fast career in French design
French interior designer, member of the renowned Paris ‘Société des Artistes Décorateurs’, an organisation which groups the crème de la crème of French designers, both in the areas of interior design and architecture. Graduated from the ‘Ecole Boulle’, Audebert earned his spurs with home interior projects and designs for financial institutions, public buildings and schools. He devised a range of different projects for the French High-Speed Train or TGV network.
- Sofa with corresponding loose back cushion.
- 1 corresponding loose back cushion per separate backrest included in the price. Top loose back cushion has looser filling to fall better over the back.
- Available in leather, fabric or microfibre.
- Choice : piping in same colour for uni leather covering ; contrasting leather piping in 6 default colours for fabric and leather covering.
- All elements are freestanding with optional connecting piece. A connection rail under each side of the seat allows all elements to be connected together by means of connecting pieces.
- Frame : solid beech.
- Height armrest : 70 cm.
- Seating furniture with removable covers (to be done by an industrial third party).
- 2D and 3D images for visualization are available on our website.