A desert island in the middle of your living room. A stylish lounger that’s your very own refuge for a powernap or to recover from the day. This armchair is the cocooning version of the legendary JORI Relax.
With the RAPSODY lounge version, its designer Jean-Pierre Audebert designed a contemporary cocoon version of the classic JORI recliner. The new model meets in every way the current profile of a lounge chair fanatic.
Delightfully ‘fluffy’, somewhat chubbier and less stretched than the JORI classics, it looks seductively nestable: like a comfortable shell, ideal for a hideaway moment after a harsh day or for a power nap. The design looks harmonious, fluent and stylish in its sobriety and finish. For those who love a spicy detail, the design offers a contrasting piping around the chair and footstool as an option.
Both the lounge chair and footstool are mounted onto a central 4-star designer base, which lends the model an additional modern accent. True to its DNA, JORI paid considerable attention for the seating comfort of this model as well: the RAPSODY lounge chair is equipped with a tilting mechanism, which allows you to determine yourself how active or passive you wish to lounge.
A fast career in French design
It was in 1967 that Juan Jorion met Jean Pierre Audebert in Paris at the salon of the famous ‘Société des Artistes Décorateurs’, an organisation which groups the crème de la crème of French designers. Audebert presented a furniture collection for young children and also a range of office chairs. A close collaboration was born which contributed to the success story of JORI.
Jean-Pierre Audebert graduated from the Ecole Boulle, where he was also a professor at the beginning of his career. As an architect, he earned his stripes with interior projects for financial institutions, public buildings and schools. He also carried out several projects for the French High-Speed Train or TGV.
- Lounge chair with built-in tilt mechanism and freestanding footstool.
- Lounge chair with ornamental stitch on the back except fabrics Medina, Giorgio and Fregona.
- Available in leather, fabric or microfibre.
- Choice : piping in same colour for uni leather covering ; contrasting leather piping in 6 default colours for fabric and leather covering.
- Leg armchair : 4-star swivelbase in black laquered or chrome black. Optional other fine textured JORI standard lacquers.
- Leg footstool : 4-star base fixed in black laquered or chrome black. Optional other fine textured JORI standard lacquers.
- Frame : solid beech.
- Felt glides for wooden floors. Teflon glides for stone floors and carpets.
- Seating furniture with removable covers (to be done by an industrial third party)
- 2D and 3D images for visualization are available on our website.