The wavy movement of the seat and the elegant armrests create the perfect symbiosis for truly inviting seating comfort. An armchair that combines sublime materials and exclusive fabric to produce outstanding visual beauty.
Inspired by the work of Scandinavian designer icons and the rolling landscape with the billowing sea of the Scandinavian coast, the model LAGOM flowed from the designer hand of Hugo de Ruiter, an undeniable ‘vintage’ masterpiece.
‘Lagom’ stands for the Swedish ‘nearly perfect’ or ‘in the right proportion’ and thus marks the essence of the design by Hugo de Ruiter. The undulating lines of the seat and the elegantly curved surfaces of the armrests look seamlessly perfect and nicely in proportion. The designer interprets these as the flowing motion of a wave, right before it curls and plunges into the sea.
The elegant piping accompanies virtuoso this wavy motion. The wooden frame of high-grade walnut feels as soft as baby skin and underlines the exclusive nature of the armchair.
The LAGOM model unites in a subtle way the unique craftsmanship of JORI and the vision of the designer. Design, material and optimal seating comfort are perfectly intertwined. The armchair is exceptionally light and quite compact and thus allows it to be combined on several locations in the interior.
Hugo de Ruiter
Design with an eye for quality.
“ I consider upholstered furniture to be like a third skin ”. Hugo de Ruiter (1959) is constantly searching for meaningful developments in his concepts. He frequently finds non-conformist solutions which contain distinctive functional features and a surprising design. He is inspired by nature, art, architecture and technology, but mostly, he is inspired by life itself. With more than 10 years experience in his design studio, and more than 20 years of experience as a designer he builds bridges towards new innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Armchair with steel leg lacquered in one of the JORI standard colours (see general info), leg solid walnut or oak burnt
- Available in leather or fabric.
- Piping for fabric covering : piping in same fabric covering or contrasting leather piping in 8 default colours (see general info) . Piping for leather covering : piping only in same leather covering.
- Felt glides for wooden floors. Teflon glides for stone floors and carpets.
- Seating furniture with removable covers (to be done by an industrial third party)
- 2D and 3D images for visualization are available on our website.