An exceptional chair with a decorative profile. Gracious seating comfort thanks to Mikono's gently wavy lines. A fine design, impeccably finished. The ideal table companion.
The Mikono is a chair with a curved back support. Its flexibility yields to the weight of the back when used. The model with armrests comes with closed leather arms that extend slightly in front for even greater comfort.
This is a chair that loves contrast: the slightly curved rear legs mirror the line of the back and contrast with the straight front legs. The choice of materials maintains the theme: dark warm leather versus shimmering, clear, cold aluminium. The result is a playful chair that fits in well with a contemporary interior or adds a touch of flamboyance to a room in the classic style.
A fast career in French design
It was in 1967 that Juan Jorion met Jean Pierre Audebert in Paris at the salon of the famous ‘Société des Artistes Décorateurs’, an organisation which groups the crème de la crème of French designers. Audebert presented a furniture collection for young children and also a range of office chairs. A close collaboration was born which contributed to the success story of JORI.
Jean-Pierre Audebert graduated from the Ecole Boulle, where he was also a professor at the beginning of his career. As an architect, he earned his stripes with interior projects for financial institutions, public buildings and schools. He also carried out several projects for the French High-Speed Train or TGV.
- Chair available without or with closed armrests.
- Mikono comfort : chair with bouncy backrest and slighty thicker legs.
- Mikono light : chair with less bouncy back and thinner legs. (- 3 kg compared to chair comfort)
- Available in leather, fabric or microfibre.
- Frame : metal frame with zigzag springs in the seat and bouncy backrest.
- Choice legs : conical legs alu high-gloss or covered in leather. Optional other fine textured JORI standard lacquers.
- Felt glides for stone and wooden floors. Teflon glides for carpets.
- Height arm : 65 cm.
- 2D and 3D images for visualization are available on our website.
- Seating furniture with removable covers (to be done by an industrial third party)