In order to protect the attractiveness and suppleness of the leather, we provide the following general instructions:
- Dirt particles, crumbs and sand on leather are almost invisible but damage the surface. Vacuum (on the lowest position) your furniture regularly and always use the correct, blunt piece.
- Our qualitative leathers require little care. All leather qualities processed by JORI are supplied with a protective layer against moisture and dirt.
- Do not expose your leather seating to direct or strong sunlight. Like any material, leather is sensitive to strong sunlight and can fade to some degree depending on your choice of leather types.
- Do not place your leather seating close to direct sources of heat. Leather dries out and exposure to extreme heat may cause it to lose its suppleness.
- Prevent stains by avoiding sweat or grease from hair or skin from penetrating the leather pores. JORI offers leather or other protective covers to prevent this problem.
- In case of spilling or making stains, the best method is to use a slightly damp cloth or unbleached kitchen paper to dab the spilled surface as quickly as possible. After that, try to remove the stain by gently wiping it (always from the outer side of the stain to the center point) and allowing it to dry naturally.
How to maintain your leather seating furniture?
If you wish, you can dust your couch with a clean soft cloth weekly. Only use the JORI-recommended cleaning products (see http://www.jori-care.com) to ensure that your leather is not irreparably damaged and falls out of guarantee.
The periodicity of maintenance depends heavily on the intensity of use and the observed filthiness. In function of this, you can give your furniture a more thorough clean.
Follow these instructions very carefully:
- Always clean first
- Then nourish the leather
JORI recommends the use of suitable Keralux maintenance products (see http://www.jori-care.com). For those who prefer a more natural way, we also recommend a self-made soapy water with 20 gram alkali free soap (such as 'Marseille-soap') in 1 liter of distilled water.
Use a clean, slightly damp, lint-free, cotton cloth to apply the cleaning products and gently wipe the product over the leather in wide circular movements. Remove as much of the cleaning product as possible with a new damp cloth without any product and allow it dry at least 48 hours. In case of very filthy parts, you can repeat this cleaning process, but allow drying for 48 hours each time.
JORI recommends the use of suitable Keralux maintenance products (see http://www.jori-care.com). For those who prefer a more natural way, we also recommend a home-made mixture (1 spoon of Castor Oil in 1 liter of distilled water). Castor Oil is available at the pharmacy.
Use a clean, dry, lint-free, cotton cloth to apply and gently wipe the product over the leather in wide circular movements.
- Try to dab the liquid as quickly as possible with neutral unbleached kitchen paper or with a slightly damp clean lint-free, cotton cloth (towel) Do not rub or press. Stronger filthiness can be removed with a blunt object (e.g. spoon or wooden spatula).
- Never use household cleaners with bleach or solvents, nor sharp objects or abrasives. Warm or strongly damp interactions should be avoided.
- First test specific cleaning products on a non-visible place and do not use directly on the leather (via cloth). Always treat the stain from the outside to the inside and let it dry naturally (not in direct sunlight). Never rub hard or long on the same place. Only use the furniture after it has completely dried (48h).
These advices are recommendations that do not guarantee a 100% satisfactory stain removal. JORI recommends contacting our regular cleaning specialist (see http://www.jori-care.com) and informing them about the origin of the stain.
In case of serious damage, always contact your JORI dealer.