The challenge :
- Supervising, coaching and developing of the R&D-team consisting of R&D-engineers, model makers/proto typists and technical draughts(wo)man.
- Establishing and implementing of the long and short term R&D objectives.
- Developing and monitoring of the most appropriate process methodologies and project management tools in order to obtain a coherent and consistent way of working within the entire term for the long term.
- Supervising and pro-active guiding of the entire R&D development process (according to the stage-gate procedure) of new products and models from the concept phase through production.
- Setting the R&D priorities in collaboration with marketing, purchasing, production, sales and IT.
- Establishing, following up, adjusting and monitoring all relevant R&D-budgets and costs.
- Taking Make-or-buy decisions at both development level and product level, in collaboration with purchasing and production.
- Reporting and strategic advice to the general management on level of R&D.
- Providing feedback, framing and implementing of the general management decisions to R&D team.
The perfect match :
- You have a Master’s degree in product development with at least 3 years of experience in leading ateam, 2D/3D/BOM, ….
- You are a coach with drive/action mentality.
- You have the necessary communication skills, you are a mediator and can negotiate independently with suppliers.
- You have a sense of aesthetics and are “dynamic comfort” sensitive.
- Languages : Dutch / English / French.
- You live in a radius of maximum 50km of Wervik.